Friday, April 27, 2007

Weekend Herald: "Hayley Westenra - 'I'm a tough chick' "

5:00AM Saturday April 28, 2007
By Michele Hewitson

Photo / Martin Sykes


Hayley Westenra, that sweet little songstress with the lovely ringlets and skin like a porcelain doll, says, right at the end, "You know everything about me. I feel quite exposed."
I look at her sharply as she says this. Is she being sarcastic? Having a bit of fun at my expense? The look on her face is her usual serenely smiling one. Those extraordinarily big eyes hold only kindness.
She has just endured an hour and a half in a drearily bland hotel room being asked questions about herself. Which is what people do in interviews, obviously, but she is 20 years old and any normal 20-year-old would be bored out of her mind and hard pushed not to show it.

No comments: