Friday, June 29, 2007

Hayley in Porthcawl - 28th June 2007

Hayley held a concert on June 28th. Thanks to Mark from HWI, here is a report and a couple of photos!

The curtains opened with the stage already lit and there stood Fiona to one side, Ian Tilley sat at the piano and the guitarist (sorry I didnt quite get his name it was ...... Marks I think). Within 30 seconds, Hayley walked on to stage with one of her black dresses on - sorry no photo of that one. I should say, that the theatre appeared very strict on photography and from where I was sitting, with my small camera, I only managed one sneeky shot (well photo anyway) Hayley started with Ava Maria, followed by Scarborough Fair and The Waters Wide. Fiona then performed the 2 numbers that she did at Telford with Hayley coming back to sing 3 more songs, saving the songs from Treasure until the second half. Fiona opened the second half with 3 numbers, again those that she performed in Telford. With Ian at the piano and the fantastic accoustics of this venue, her performance was truly fantastic and the audience were really enjoying it. Hayley then came back on Stage to slow the pace right down and (not in the right order) performed Danny Boy, May It Be, In Truitina, Pokarekare Ana, Let Me Lie, Shenandoah, Santa Lucia, One Fine Day and Summer Fly. The audience started to clap to Summer Fly, it was the best that I had heard Hayley perform it. During the performance, Hayley kept treading on a squeeky floorboard on stage and had to keep moving - this became quite a joke throughout and the audience were very vocal. On quite a few occasions the audience were calling out to her on stage about the rugby etc. Hayley dealt with it really well and appeared to be absolutely loving the interaction. Thats something that I've not seen before. The audience were also very knowledgable about Hayley and her songs - I was quite surprised She was so warmly received that she must have commented 2 or 3 times on what a fantastic audience you've been - "I've really enjoyed myself tonight"The first encore was Amazing Grace after which, Fiona and the others left the stage but Hayley was enjoying herself so much, she said "shall I sing one more " to which a huge YES was shouted from the crowd. "What shall I sing then ?" she says - various songs were called out and in the end someone shouted Sonny . " I think we can manage that can't we" Hayley says to Ian. I could'nt believe it It was a performance to remember , totally unreheased and I'm not ashamed to say that my eyes were "watering" while she sang. (keep tuned in)

Here is the only pic I sneaked in of Hayley on Stage just making sure Ian is ready to play Sonny. Oh and yes, she had changed into her Green (Welsh) dress for the second half.
Click Images to enlarge.
UPDATE!
Video of Hayley singing Sonny!

No comments: