Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hayley's Kiwi Ceili!

A mighty send off for the All Blacks and Hayley Westenra to the Rugby World Cup in true Kiwi style. Join Hayley Westenra, Dave Dobbyn, Fiona Pears and their live band who will be performing legendary Kiwi anthems (not just their own)

Friday 31st August 2007
From 7.45pm until 11 pm
at Shepherds Bush Empire
Shepherds Bush Green

From hayleywestenra.com


Hayley also wrote in a blog entry to give her fans an update on what she's up to! She mentions her Ceili at the end.
Greetings from the UK
8 August 2007
Yay! The sun has finally shown its face! Maybe, just maybe, we'll get a summer after all…here's hoping. For those of you not aware, over the last few weeks the UK has been dealing with lightening, thunder, hail storms and torrential downpours resulting in devastating flooding across the country. I've been one of the lucky ones. Thankfully, the water that accumulated on my balcony during the major deluge didn't quite manage to overflow into my flat…although it was pretty close to doing just that. Many others weren't quite so lucky and my heart goes out to them.
Since I've been back in the UK I've been keeping busy with concerts across the country, as well as making it over to Dublin to perform with the RTE Concert Orchestra. Performing with such talented musicians was a real honour. Just over a week ago I performed at Classic FM's Woburn Live concert singing some of the West Side Story hits for the first time in public. I was joined on stage by the wonderful Italian tenor Vittorio Grigolo and together we sang the parts of Maria and Tony. For those of you that didn't make it (as well as those of you that did and liked what you heard!), a West Side Story recording celebrating it's 50th Anniversay will be released on the 13th August featuring Vittorio and myself …so get your copy! It's the best musical ever written in my opinion and you won't be able to stop yourself from singing along to all the hits such as I Feel Pretty, Tonight, One Hand, One Heart, Maria…I could go on and on!
So, what else have I been up to? Well, over the weekend I had two concerts at Shrewsbury Abbey (my third visit) which was a fun trip as I got to spend a day sightseeing around the beautiful town. I did get lost and spent most of my afternoon trying to find my way back in time for my soundcheck for the second show, but if you know me well, that is to be expected!
I also had a show at the Eisteddfod Festival in Llangollen, Wales last month which I'm thrilled to tell you was sold out with 4000 people in attendance. For my final number, Hine E Hine, I was joined by the New Zealand Youth Choir which included many of my friends from back home -some of them I hadn't seen for at least 3 or 4 years (!) so it was a special moment. The Welsh were very warm and welcoming as usual.
Before I forget, I have to tell you about one other performance…for none other than His Holiness the Dalai Lama! He had come over to Derry, Northern Ireland to support his friend's 'Children In Crossfire' charity. It was a moving event.
Better sign off before I bore you, but just one more thing! On the 31st August (this month!) I will be holding a concert –actually, more like a gathering! -at the Shephard's Bush Empire in London called 'Hayley's Kiwi Ceili' to give the All Black's a fabulous send off for the Rugby World Cup. Dave Dobbyn, a kiwi legend, is going to be joining me up on stage to sing some of New Zealand's favourite songs as well as us both performing some of our own hits. For those of you in or around London, you gotta come! Right, better be on my way.
Lots of love to you all…
Hayleyxxx

No comments: